- The attire for Grand Diner Gala and formal Diner Amical is strictly black tie, black jacket for gentlemen and long evening dress for ladies.
- Chaîne ribbons must be worn at all formal functions.
- Only members of good standing may wear the Chaîne ribbons.
- Any member who does not attend three functions consecutively without good reason will be required to resign from the Confrerie de la Chaîne des Rotisseurs..
- Guests of Members are accepted at the sole discretion of the Council.
Rules at Diner Amicals
- No smoking during dinner until coffee is served.
- No speeches shall be made during
- Water may be served on request. However, when served, it shall not be mixed with wines.
- No handphones shall be used during dinner.
The Chaîne Membership
- Membership of the Chaîne des Rotisseurs is strictly by invitation but is open to anyone over 18 years old who is either professionally connected with fine food and wine or who has a special interest in culinary arts.
- Anyone invited to join the Chaîne des Rotisseurs must promise to uphold the objectives of the Society which are to promote, foster and encourage the art of cooking and preparation and serving of superior food.
- In the ancient traditions of the Chaîne des Rotisseurs special emphasis is placed on the technique of cooking by spit, barbecue and rotisserie.
- Members of the Chaîne des Rotisseurs are expected to foster a knowledge and understanding of such forms of cooking and encourage educational institutions, colleges and universities to teach the culinary arts and establish departments within their institutions for the purpose.
- It is the aim of everyone joining the Chaîne des Rotisseurs to ensure that Malaysia provides its own source of accomplished chefs and that food establishments maintain the highest possible standards.
The Chaîne Initiation and Rules
- An invitation to join the Chaîne des Rotisseurs is only extended to potential members who have attended at least two Chaîne functions, one of which must be a Diner Amical.
- A candidate for membership must be proposed and seconded by Members of the Chaîne des Rotisseurs, Bailliage de Malaisie, one of whom must be a Member of the Council. The proposer and seconder must be of good standing and active for at least 12 months.
- If there are two or more candidates from the same organization, clearance will be obtained from the senior member before accepting the second candidate. The Chaîne des Rotisseurs does not permit more than 10% of the membership from one organization.
- Prior to preliminary approval by the Bailliage de Malaisie, the potential member will also be invited to attend an informal briefing at which he or she will meet other members of the National or Regional Council.
- Final approval of membership is made by the Confrerie de la Chaîne des Rotisseurs, Association Mondiale de la Gastronomie, in Paris.
- New members are intronised once a year at a Grand Diner Gala et Intronisation. They are required to take the Pledge of the Rotisseurs.
- Members are required to pay initiation fees and annual dues which are fixed by the National Council.
Pledge of the Rotisseurs
I pledge that, as a member of The Chaîne des Rotisseurs, I will at all times honour the Art of Cuisine and the Culture of the Table.
I pledge to always fulfill my obligations of Brotherhood and of respect for my fellow members of The Chaîne des Rotisseurs.